Family loses home to fire

-A A +A

Benefit scheduled for March 8

By Linda Ireland

Rodney and Magen Baird Thompson lost their East Leafdale Road home to a fire Thursday, Feb. 6.
The flames broke out about 9:30 a.m. and the efforts of Buffalo, LaRue and Magnolia firefighters were hampered due to the freezing temperatures and slick roadways.
The home was a loss, according to Buffalo Fire Chief Wendell Perkins. The fire was fully involved when the volunteers arrived – and the flames had burned through the roof and the center of the house. Rodney Thompson was asleep at home when the fire broke out and was wakened by the smoke.
The couple has a young son, Crayton, and a child on the way. They were able to salvage some clothing.
Friends and family are planning a chili supper, silent auction and cornhole tournament fundraiser for the family. It will be held 5-9 p.m. March 1 at the LaRue County Park and Recreation Community Center. (The fundraiser date has been changed to March 8.)
To donate items for the silent auction or make any other type of donation, call 270-723-4694 or visit the benefit’s Facebook page.