In February 1991, The LaRue County Herald News changed ownership for the first time since 1919; purchased from the Creal Family by Landmark Community Newspapers Incorporated.
From the LaRue County Herald News website:
The LaRue County Herald News is the oldest continuously operating business in the county.
The first newspaper published in LaRue County in 1879 was a monthly paper called the Public Advertiser. The paper was printed upstairs over the T.P. Howard General Store about where Smith Drug Store is located on Lincoln Boulevard today.