A house fire erupted Monday afternoon at 206 Greensburg Street in Hodgenville. The large blue frame house was quickly swallowed by the flames, despite efforts by several fire departments.
Roger Bird’s historic house – known for its split rail fence in front and its wide, shady porch – was destroyed.
Hodgenville Fire Chief Wally Sparks said the fire began at the back of the house. He’s unsure what started the blaze.
Bird was at home when the fire began. He is staying with relatives, according to Sparks.