The home of Edna Mae Owens was damaged Jan. 15 by a fire that began in a utility room.
Hodgenville, LaRue, Buffalo and Magnolia firefighters were dispatched to a brick house on North Summit Avenue about 8:20 p.m.
Hodgenville Fire Chief Wally Sparks said the utility room – containing washer, dryer and electric panel – was reached by going outside the main house. The room was extensively damaged; however, the main house escaped most of the smoke and water damage.
“There was some damage in the kitchen area,” said Sparks.