.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Today's News

  • Chamber Unites
  • Hodgenville News

    Thought for the week: Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little, and are thankful for the little things in life.

    Early deadlines, doesn’t make me happy but at least I remembered.

    As of December 22, I have not received the results of my MRI and ultrasound I had done on December 18.

  • Community News

    The fifth Sunday morning, Lane Lincoln will fellowship with First Baptist. The Hodgenville Brotherhood will provide songs of Zion and the morning sermon will be given by Reverend Terry Robertson.

    Happy anniversary to Dale/Reka Embree who will be celebrating their 8th anniversary on December 25 and John/Cathy Ford who will be celebrating their 31st anniversary on December 30.

    To each and everyone have a prosperous Happy New Year and be safe on the highways while going out.

  • LETTER: Food waste

    Dear Editor,

    We have a problem. Do you know how much food is wasted and how many children fall asleep hungry? Recently we learned that the world is capable of producing more than enough food to feed everyone, yet some people are going hungry in the world. With the holidays coming up there is so much attention to food. That is why I am writing to inform you about food waste and how to prevent it. Food waste is America’s biggest food problem and it needs to be solved. Hopefully, by the end you will be making a list and organizing your pantry.

  • Making more magic
  • Do you need assistance with your heating costs?

    Beginning January 8, 2018, your local Community Action Office will be assisting families of low-income with the LIHEAP CRISIS Program. The program will end March 31, 2018 or sooner if funds are expended.

    To be eligible for Crisis funds you must be in a heating crisis.  You must have a past due/disconnect notice from the electric or natural gas company, or be out of bulk fuel within 4 days if using propane, fuel oil or kerosene, or wood, or a formal eviction notice from your landlord if heating expenses are included in the rent.

  • Amphitheatre closed at My Old Kentucky Home State Park

    The amphitheatre at My Old Kentucky Home State Park is closed because of electrical and structural issues. An inspection conducted this week by the Kentucky Department of Parks determined that the stage area is not safe for employees or park guests.

    The J. Dan Talbott Amphitheatre was constructed in 1958 and has hosted The Stephen Foster Story annually since that time.

  • Magnolia cemetery fund
  • Central KY Rods and Machines Donation
  • Four Weddings and an Elvis