Five and a half months ago the home of Terry and Sandy LaFollette on Old E’town Road suffered severe damage due to a house fire. Today the structure is beautifully restored.
“I thank God and the firefighters every day,” said Sandy LaFollette. “Without them I wouldn’t be standing here.”
The home, built in 1892, caught fire in February near the dryer area, in the center of the home.
The house was nearly a total loss, but due to the efforts of local volunteer fire departments, the frame of the house was saved.