.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Local News

  • Arrested for abuse/neglect

    A Hodgenville man was arrested on Wednesday, June 7 for reportedly neglecting two senior citizens.

    Phillip B. Bradshaw, 54, of Hodgenville was arrested for two counts of knowingly abuse/neglect of an adult by person. He remains lodged in the LaRue County Detention Center.

  • Hodgenville council approves salary increases

    The Hodgenville City Council voted for a cost of living increase for all city employees, council members and the mayor.

    The salary increase discussion started when Hodgenville Mayor Kenny DeVore brought up a 2017-2018 cost of living increase for all city employees. Employees at the police and water department were proposed to receive a five percent increase and all other employees to receive a one and one-half percent increase.

  • A scout with a vision

    Traffic congestion in front of LaRue County Middle School and on South Lincoln Boulevard is a common sight around 7:30 a.m. during a school day. However, one local boy scout is looking to make the traffic congestion a less common sight.

  • Hodgenville man arrested for abuse/neglect

    A Hodgenville man was arrested on Wednesday, June 7 for reportedly neglecting two senior citizens.

    Phillip B. Bradshaw, 54, of Hodgenville was arrested for two counts of knowingly abuse/neglect of an adult by person. He remains lodged in the LaRue County Detention Center.

  • Conservation: Changing LaRue's landscape

    The first part of this series we looked at the beginnings of conservation in LaRue County, what farming was like in the early 1940s and improvements that were made to farms, some of which are still in place today.

  • Kids Zone at the Fair

    Kids will be the focus at a Kids’ Zone at the LaRue County Fair from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday.

    The zone is sponsored by the LaRue County Public Library.

    “The Kids Zone will be in the air conditioned room off the stage in the Morrison building,” Crystal Packard said.

    The Kids’ Zone will feature play centers set up with blocks, cars, a play house, puppets, coloring center books and more, according to Packard.

  • Hodgenville news - June 7, 2017

    Thought for the week:  Little hugs can dry big tears. Little candles can light the darkness. Little memories can last for years. It’s the little things in life that bring the greatest happiness.

    I can’t believe that it is time for the LaRue County Fair already. I will be entering several items this year. You can bet that we will get rain sometime week of the fair. It never fails.

  • Bigfoot coming to LaRue

    The LaRue County Public Library will have a Bigfoot presentation at the Hodgenville Civic Center at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, June 23.

    The event is hosted by the LaRue County Public Library and will feature the renowned Charlie Raymond, who is the founder of the Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization. Raymond has been featured on the History Channel, Animal Planet and the BBC.

    Library Director Dana Jolly said she got the idea from the Spencer County Public Library who told her they had a program with Raymond and it was well attended.

  • Barn revival coming to Magnolia

    Outdoor revivals used to be a fairly common event, however, they don’t happen as often as they once did. Dying out, perhaps, as air conditioning became popular and the need for an open air space was no longer a necessity to host the large crowds gathering for revival.

    For one week, a retired preacher will host one of these unique outdoor spiritual events in his 60 by 70 foot barn located at 3141 Sand Ridge Road in Magnolia.

  • House fire

    A home on McDowell Road that is owned by Mike Zahrndt, sustained major damage when it caught on fire May 31.

    According to LaRue County Fire Chief Jason Sadler, Zahrndt’s wife and oldest son were on the back porch of the home when the fire started in the bedroom. He said the oldest son was able to get his three-year-old brother out of the home.

    Zahrndt’s wife filled up a mixing bowl in the bathroom to attempt to put the fire out in the bedroom, but flames had already spread too much.