The Governor’s Office of Early Childhood suggests all kindergarteners should have these needs met and skills developed to be ready for school.
1. Eats a balanced diet gets plenty of rest
2. Receives immunizations and regular medical and dental care
3. Runs, jumps and does other activities
4. Can cut and spread food with butter knife and/or fork
5. Feeds self with fork or spoon held in fingers
6. Washes and dries hands and goes to toilet alone
7. Brushes teeth without assistance and rinses out mouth