SRAP program for crop loss deadlines July 29

-A A +A

Farmer and ranchers applying for assistance for 2009 crop losses under the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments program have until July 29 to submit an application.
SURE provides crop disaster assistance to eligible producers that have suffered crop production or quality losses. Producers in a Secretarial Declared county must have suffered at least a 10 percent loss on a crop of economic significance. For those producers not in a Secretarial Declared county a total farm production loss of greater than 50 percent must occur. To be eligible producers must have obtained a policy or plan of insurance under the Federal Crop Insurance Act or the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program.
A limit of $100,000 per person or legal applies to the combination of payments from SURE and the livestock disaster programs administered by FSA that include the Livestock Forage Program, Livestock Indemnity Program and Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farmraised Fish. Those whose average nonfarm income exceeds $500,000 are not eligible for SURE payments.
Producers can sign-up for SURE at the local county FSA office.