- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Magnolia, Buffalo and LaRue County firefighters responded to a barn fire about 8:30 a.m. June 3 on Parker Grove Spur Road.
The fire started after a few rolls of alfalfa hay inside the hoop barn began smoldering, according to Trena Morris, who owns the farm with her husband, Derek. Freshly baled hay has the potential to generate enough heat to cause spontaneous combustion – which is believed to be the case in the Morris’ fire.
The Morris family learned of the fire when a neighbor pulled in the driveway and honked.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the LaRue County Herald, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.