The South Fork Area Homemakers met Feb. 21 at the LaRue County Extension Office.
The meeting was called to order by President Billie Shahayda. Thirteen other members were present: Virginia Allen, Delores Bale, Janice Bowen, Julie Devore, Exie Elliott, Ann E. Flanders, Emogene Gardner, Mary Lois Hornback, Clovis Johnson, Norma Jean McDonald, Mary Lou Owen, Della Thomas and Patsy Thomas. Upcoming events discussed by Theresa Howard:
• 2012 State Homemaker Meeting will be May 14-17 in Lexington at the Hyatt Regency
• Thank you cards were received from the Red Cross and Kosair Charities for our donations.
• Project Graduation discussed. Motion passed for $150 donation.
• Catering of Joel Dixon’s class reunion discussed. Date to be determined later.
• The April lesson will be "Saving Water in Your Home Garden; May lesson will be "Edible Arrangements.”
Open Sew Days are at the Extension Office 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.