The Elizabethtown Farm Service Agency, which serves LaRue and Hardin Counties, appoints one or two advisors to the County Committee (COC) to ensure a fair representation for socially disadvantaged groups. Solicitation of candidates is being requested.
Each candidate must actively participate in farming in Hardin or LaRue County, be willing and able to serve as an advisor and indicate in writing their willingness and ability to serve.
• Attending each COC meeting, including executive sessions
• Participating in all deliberations
• Increasing awareness of and participation in FSA activities including elections by eligible voters to ensure that socially disadvantaged group problems and viewpoints are understood and considered in FSA actions
• Helping to develop interest and incentives in socially disadvantaged group members for considering FSA work as a career
• Actively soliciting candidates from socially disadvantaged groups for nomination during the election process
• Performing special duties at COC’s request
The appointment shall be a 12-month period not to exceed nine consecutive years and become effective March 1.
For more information, call the FSA office at 765-2702.
The FSA office is located at 250 Sportsman Lake Road, Elizabethtown, on Lincoln Parkway.