.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Firefighter loses home to flames

-A A +A
By Linda Ireland

A Hodgenville couple lost their home Tuesday evening in a fire.
James Michael “Mikey” Key and his family had lived in the residence, owned by Brian Streible, about six months.
Key, a lieutenant for the Hodgenville Fire Department and assistant chief for the LaRue County squad, was in training at the firehouse when dispatch was notified about 8 p.m. of smoke coming from a white frame house on East Main Street.
LaRue County Fire Chief Jason Sadler said it is possible a space heater caused the fire but the house was so extensively damaged, it may be impossible to be certain.
LaRue County, Hodgenville and Buffalo fire departments worked several hours to control the flames and returned twice more after it rekindled.
Key’s family was not at home at the time. Firefighters were unable to rescue their pet cat.
The American Red Cross and Hodgenville City Police also responded.

Video