- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A wing, consisting of four rooms, was evacuated at Sunrise Manor Nursing Home Sunday evening after an overhead light caught fire in a patient’s room.
Just before 11 p.m., Hodgenville Fire Department was dispatched to the second floor of the nursing home on a suspected electrical fire. A caller said there was “fire in the ceiling” and the “lights are on fire.”
Fire Chief Wally Sparks said the staff already had put out the flames using a fire extinguisher by the time firefighters arrived.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning LaRue County Herald and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.