- Special Sections
- Public Notices
The LaRue County Conservation District will be offering partial and possibly full scholarships to the Kentucky Forest Leadership Program hosted by the University of Kentucky at the Lake Cumberland 4-H Educational Center in Jabez Kentucky.
Admission requirements for the June 11-15 camp are:
• Student must be entering junior or senior year in high school
• Have a genuine interest in any aspect of natural resource management
• Have a “C” or higher GPA
• Cannot be a previous attendee of Forestry Camp
• Camp applicants will need to include a letter of reference from guidance counselor or principal
• Applicants are asked to send a non-refundable check or money order for $50 at time of application. After applications are received, LCCD will determine amount awarded for scholarship. The cost of camp is $375 (including $50 non-refundable application fee).
• Camp is not recreational. Serious applicants only should apply. Curriculum will include forest measurements, entomology, soil science, wildlife habitat assessment and water quality evaluation.
The Conservation District needs applications by May 10. Camp brochure and application is available at the LaRue Conservation District or www.kyforestrycamp.com.
For more information, call the office at 270-358-3132 or by email Michelle Ogden at firstname.lastname@example.org.